Community events are set up by Program Leaders and run the gamut from fun and casual to formal farewells when it’s time to say sayonara to a city.
A few events are staples of every Remote Year program:
- City orientations help you figure out the ins and outs of a new destination
- Bi-weekly Town Halls provide a platform for dialogue among community members
- Events such as the Moth (theme-based storytelling), RYx (TED-style talks), or lunch roulettes (randomized, small-group get-togethers within the community) take shape based on community wants, needs, and input
- Remote-led Collectives encourage leadership, collaboration, and the development of personal and professional skills
- Junctions bring the community together to share results from Collectives and bid farewell to each city when it’s time to move on